Condominium Association Websites are needed to comply with HB 1237
House Bill 1237 (H.B. 1237) was signed into law on June 26, 2017 and includes many new laws including conflicts of interest, financial reporting, term limits to board members and the availability of documents to the owners of condo units. The owners of the units must have access to the documents online and thru a secure portal. Condominium Association documents must not be on the open web, but secured behind a controlled access method.
Here is a list of the 14 requirements for a condominium association websites:
- The Declaration of Condominium
- The Article of Incorporation
- Addendum’s to the Articles of Incorporation
- Rules of the Condominium Association
- Management agreements, leases or binding contracts to the association
- The Annual and proposed budgets
- The Financial and proposed financial reports
- Certification of the Directors on the board
- Contracts and/or documents regarding possible conflict of interest
- Contracts and/or transactions between the Condo Association and any entity which a Director is financially interested
- Notices of Board Meetings and agenda
- Notices of Unit Owner Meetings and agenda
- Posting of any and all documents to be considered during the meeting
All condominium associations with 150+ units must comply to the law by January 1st, 2019. We suggest using a Condominium Association Website company that is condo managements company fully verse in the requirements for HB1237 and has experience in creating and managing secure websites.
Condominium Association Websites of Florida has the experience and understanding of both HB1237 and creating and managing secure condo websites. We provide support for condo associations and their management companies. We also provide a full service for the unit owners in account management and notifications. Finally, we manage the updates to the associations documents, meeting notices, minutes and post newsletters online.
#hoa #home #condo #unit #listing #realestate #condos